Nigerian Railway Suspends Operations After Terror Attack on Kaduna-Abuja Train
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) has suspended its operations after bandits detonated explosives on the tracks serving the Abuja-Kaduna line.
It had been reported that the suspected terrorist attack took place between Wednesday night and Thursday morning, with reports that the attackers also fired live rounds into driver compartments and the railway line.
Confirming the incident, Shehu Sani, a former Kaduna Central Senator, revealed that the train he boarded ran into a portion damaged by explosives used in attacking a Kaduna-Abuja train, adding that he narrowly escaped death.
The former lawmaker alleged that terrorists had attacked a Kaduna-Abuja train on Wednesday with explosives.
Reacting, the Railway Corporation, in a statement via its website, on Thursday afternoon, October 21, said operations have been suspended till further notice.
“Due to unforeseen circumstances, train services have been immediately suspended for the safety of our dear passengers.
“Efforts are in place to restore service. Further information would follow immediately service is restored,” the statement said.